First, I want to thank Kevin from What Words May Come, for nominating me for another Sunshine Blogger Award! I’m truly humbled and wholeheartedly appreciate the nomination! Please check out his blog where I’m sure you’ll connect with his wonderful stories and warm soul.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Here are my questions:
Why did you start your blog?
I originally started blogging as a place for people to come together and share the things that inspire them. I wanted others to know that embracing the things that light them up is important. I wanted to fill others with a sense of hope and light through my writing and art. I wanted to remind others that they are uniquely beautiful individuals who have something special to offer the world.
If an angel were to appear before you while you were alone in your home what do you think your reaction would be?
I believe it would be one of my guardian angels coming to comfort me in a time of need, I would be filled with a sense of warmth, peace, and love.
What frightens you the most?
Knowing that we’re not immortal and we each have a limited time on earth. It scares me, but at the same time makes me try to make the most of the time we have with our friends and loved ones and the good we can do in the world.
Who is your greatest source of strength?
Maybe this sounds self-centered, but first and foremost myself as I’ve been with myself the longest and have had to work through many things that my friends and family couldn’t do for me. Beyond finding the strength within myself, my mom and my husband are my two main sources. Likewise, I feel very blessed to have many wonderful people in my life that fill me with a sense of love and strength.
If given the chance, would you go back in time and change anything about yourself, and, if so, what?
While I have been through many dark and difficult times in my life, those are experiences that have helped me become the person I am today, so erasing them would change who I’ve become and I am happy with and love the person that I’ve become. Therefore, I would have to say no.
What one word do you think someone close to you would use to describe you?
Bubbly, cheerful, creative, loving, kind, compassionate, empathetic (my husband would add crazy, silly, and quirky to the midst)…..though I quite like this word to define me
Though my personal mantra is “I’m a unicorn” because it reminds me to believe in myself no matter what…
Are you an introvert or extrovert?
As an INFJ personality type, I can appear to the outer world as an extrovert as I am naturally bubbly and have been told many times I have a contagious enthusiastic charm. I enjoy interacting with others in small groups or one-on-one encounters in deep conversation and meaningful interactions. All the while, my energy reserves get quickly lost in large crowds or chaotic environments and I seek the solace and comfort of solitude. I am one who finds comfort in and requires solitude to recharge my energy and restore my sense of self.
If you invited me to dinner what would be on the menu?
I would make a vegan lasagna (as trust me it is guaranteed to please). It is filled with healthy eggplant and kale or spinach, a delicious creamy vegan cheese, and homemade tomato sauce and organic tofu crumble with fresh chives. Served with a delicious garden salad of fresh greens, onion, garlic, basil, and sweet peppers on a bed of arugula, baby spinach, and butter lettuce with a homemade tangy lemon vinaigrette.
Coffee, Tea or something else to begin your day?
Tea, I start each morning with a cup of
- If sleep suddenly became a thing that was no longer required, what would you do with the extra time?
- What fictional place from a movie or a book would like to go to and why?
- What is a skill you’ve never tried, but always wished you could master?
- Do you consider yourself more of a morning person or a night owl?
- What are 3 small things that make each day a little brighter?
- Who is someone you consider a mentor and why?
- What’s does an ideal morning look like for you?
- What’s one thing in your life that you hope never changes?
- What is special about the place you grew up?
- If you could have only one question answered in life what would it be?
- Who’s someone that always inspires you to be the best version of you?
My rebel spirit again leaves this wonderful nomination open to all you wonderful rays of sunlight that have so much light to fill the world with. Feeling inspired? Embrace your shine and share your light with us here in the blogosphere!