Thanks going out to Winnie over at Musings, for opening my questions from the Sunshine Bloggers Award to everyone for some light-hearted fun. Check out her blog, for some beautiful poetry and life adventures. You’ll find her warm personality positively and wonderfully contagious.
As a bit of a rebel, I invite you to join in on the fun these questions (which I myself have just answered below). Just, one little request in this shared adventure, please tag me so that I can continue to enjoy sharing in the adventure as you share your answers and we build a bit of a sunshine community.
1. During a vacation abroad you meet a mermaid. She promises you the adventure of your dreams. What is the adventure you go on? What is it about this adventure that sets your soul on fire and makes your heart sing?
We explore a wonderful cavern full of natural crystals. The lights of the crystals bounce off each other, magnificent and magical. (The Reed Flute Cave is an attraction in China that’s over 1000 years old, definitely a magical wonder of the world). It helps me feel connected and at one with nature. The adventure reminds me of the natural magic and beauty in nature. It’s a reminder that we need to respect and protect nature, that if we take care of our planet, she’ll take care of us.
Photo by Reed Flute Cave
2. Dive deep for the treasure that you seek. List 10 treasures that bring joy into your life.
- My family who love and support me through the good and the bad.
- My friends who each bring a special dynamic of love and support into my life.
- Art that brings warmth and passion into my heart that I can share with others.
- Writing that flows through my veins to engage and connect with others.
- Exploring nature in awe of its wonder and beauty.
- My best friend and the love of my life for his constant love and support.
- Books for teaching me new things and taking me on wonderful adventures.
- Fairy tales for their magic and wonder that can be applied in everyday life.
- Yoga for its ability to help me feel connected, refreshed, and at peace.
- My faith, that has helped me through some difficult times in my life and helped me find the strength to pull through spreading light to help, support, and inspire others that have come and gone from my life.
3. Mermaids/Mermen don’t lose sleep over the opinions of shrimp, list 10 “shrimp opinions” that kill your positive mermaid vibes? (Because I don’t care for the opinions of shrimps…I decided to list 10 empowering quotes to offset those negative vibes).
- “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts.” -Albert Einstein
- “Only those that attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.” –Albert Einstein
- “You must always have faith in yourself.” –Elle Woods
- “Being true to yourself never goes out of style.” -Elle Woods
- “I stopped explaining myself when I realized people only understand from their level of perception.” -AwesomeQuotes4Eva
- “Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness, there is magic.” –Disney’s Cinderella
- “Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age, and Dreams are forever. –Walt Disney
- “Every adventure requires a first step.” -Cheshire Cat
- “We can all feel a little damaged sometimes, but remember a broken crayon can draw just as colorfully as a whole crayon.” –Jane Lee Logan
- “One day I realized I can’t make everyone happy, I’m not a Unicorn…But wait! Lovable, cute, awesome? Maybe I am a Unicorn!!!” – Jane Lee Logan
4. Sprinkle a little fairy dust to help you find your magic within. Look inside yourself and list three things that make you shine.
1. A little inside joke I’ll let my audience in on. I always tell my family and close friends that I’m a magical unicorn. It all started with a teacher that I worked with a few years ago. She once told me, “You’re like a magical fairytale come to life, you sparkle and shine so brightly there should be trails of glitter floating behind you.” I feel like it was the best compliment anyone has ever given to me, along with “Talking to you is like getting a warm hug.” I’ve also had kids that I work with giving me adorable nicknames, like “Miss Rainbow Unicorn, Miss Lovely, Miss Sparkle, and Miss Beautiful.” These compliments, along with the heartfelt and magical nicknames from the open honest and magical insight of a child makes me sparkle from the inside out.
2. Knowing that I share the same perspective of leaders, movers, and shakers throughout history regarding the importance and power of creativity and imagination.
- “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” J.K. Rowling
- “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” -Albert Einstein
- “Creativity is contagious, pass it on.” -Albert Einstein
- “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” -Pablo Picasso
- “One can speak Poetry just by arranging Colors well.” -Vincent Van Gogh
- “Creativity takes courage.” -Henri Matisse
3. Knowing that I’m making a difference in the world through sharing in the blogging community, sharing my art and writing, and spreading kindness one smile at a time.
5. Magic is all around you, you just need to believe. What are three things that help you find your strength and believe in yourself?
- Connecting with my art and creative writing. It inspires me to take risks and be bold, it’s a place where I feel safe expressing myself openly.
- My close friends and family who encourage and support me.
- My best friend and other half, he’s always there to remind me of my strengths and all the things I’ve achieved and all that I’m capable of.
6. What’s your inspiration playlist (movies, songs, podcasts) and how do they inspire you? (The list could go on, but I was feeling a little more Disney style inspired).
- A Million Dreams
- Confident-Demi Lavato
- Tinker Bell & The Pirate Fairy-Who I Am
- Tangled-I See the Light
- Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick- True Colors
- Shakira-Try Everything
- Dove Cameron -If Only (from Descendants)
- Spirit Riding Free -Riding Free (Maisy Stella)
- How Far I’ll Go (Moana)
- A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (Cinderella)
- Something Wild (From Pete’s Dragon)
7. What’s an important life lesson you learned from a fairy tale?
- Beauty & the Beast: Don’t judge someone by how they look on the inside. Give them a chance and get to know them, and sometimes this may mean showing kindness (even when difficult) for an extended time to build trust and break beyond the rough exterior.
- Cinderella: She loses both her parents and lives with her step-mother and step-sisters who don’t treat her kindly, but she never loses hope and shows kindness to others, no matter how they treat her.
- Kiki’s Delivery Service (Ghibli Studios): The coming of age and finding your life path and brings your happiness. Learning not to give up on your dreams, even if you stumble and fall along the way.
- My Neighbor Totoro (Ghibli Studios): The importance of family and community to help support each other in tough times. Communing with nature from a place of love and respect.
8. What’s your favorite fairy tale and why?
Beauty & the Beast because Belle is independent, brave, kind, intelligent, and adventurous. She teaches the importance of looking beyond the surface to find someone’s inner beauty. Their relationship builds over time into a friendship and then love. I have always been of the strong opinion that true love grows from friendship. If you have a strong friendship first it builds a foundation of trust, respect, understanding, and love that goes deeper than romantic love.
9. If you had to choose a fairy tale character to represent you, who would it be and why?
According to …
You are Cinderella
“Cinderella teaches us that, in the ever after, kindness and patience outweigh popularity, wealth, and prestige. No matter what life threw at her, Cinderella didn’t let herself become jaded and hard or mean-spirited. Neither did she value herself based on what she wore or had. We could all take a lesson from Cinderella!”
According to …
You are Little Red Riding Hood
“You always put family first. You may seem sweet and innocent, but you are wise beyond your years. You can sense trouble, and you know when to be suspicious of people. You also hate it when you see your family being taken advantage of, and you make sure that anyone who does try to mess with your loved ones gets the trouble they deserve!”
10. You’re a fairy dancing in the moonlight, what song are you dancing too and why?
Lindsey Stirling-Sugar Plum Fairy-Lindsey Stirling does a beautiful job in her music videos bringing them to life with magic as she dances and plays her violin.
11. Now a little something to help me gain insight into my readers, what is it about my blog that you enjoy and connect with the most? Winnie, your warmth, and positivity shines bright and your beautiful words and energy flow through to your reader keeping them coming back for more of you contagious sunny personality. 🙂
I hope reading/answering these questions leaves a little sunshine in your pocket to take with you wherever you go!