Today, I’m writing about The Sunshine Blogger Award, which I want thank Reggie for his nomination, you can check out his answers on his blog From Private to Public. Definitely go check out his awesome blog! I think you’ll find yourself pleased as you stumble upon his wonderful and well-crafted poems and stories.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
-Thank the blogger who nominated you.
-Answer the 11 questions asked.
-Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
-List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
What does literary success look like to you?
For me personally, literary success means writing from the heart and connecting with a targeted audience that shares similar values and perspectives.
Do you believe in writer’s block?
Yes, and no. I believe that we overthink things and push ourselves too hard. I’ve learned through time and experience that when I’m feeling a touch of creative/writer’s block that I need time to recharge my batteries and inspiration will surface as I’m feeling back in balance.
What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
My favorite book/movie genres include, but are not limited to; Historical Romance, Sci-fi Adventure, Anime, and Fairy Tales.
What one thing would you give up to become a better writer?
Spending time working on my creative pursuits, whether it’s writing or drawing, I never feel like I’m giving anything up. It’s the quite the opposite, it’s something that I love and I’m passionate about. Therefore, time spent engaging in these activities brings me great happiness and is worth it. There was a time in my life when I gave up both and felt very unhappy and disconnected from my true self. I’ve learned that there’s a need for balance in life, and its necessary to take care of yourself and do the things that bring you happiness.
What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
I feel like there’s a lack of awareness in the world about the importance of believing in yourself, following your dreams, and of self-love. I believe that connecting with one’s imagination is the key to an in-depth understanding of these topics and other interrelated topics such as mindfulness, self-awareness, and personal growth. The imagination is where dreams are built. We need to connect with our inner child (which I believe is the superpower of all creatives). The imagination is a child’s playground. As children, we were able to see the magic in ourselves and the world around us. Therefore, if we’re able to connect with our inner child, we’re more self-aware of our hearts desires and open to opportunities that are in alignment with helping us achieve our dreams.
How many hours a day do you write?
On average I spend about 3 hours a day writing and/or drawing. Personally, for me, the two are intertwined. Some days I spend more time writing and other days I spend more time drawing. In my book, they are a partnership working together. It’s a balanced and fair game of, give and take.
What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
Until a few months ago, it was finishing my novel. However, I’ve been working on my novel, as well as writing and illustrating another book. Both projects are a work in progress. I would say, I’m well on my way, as long as I continue to show up and create with purpose.
What is the most difficult part of your artistic process?
I find this honestly varies. Generally, when I’m feeling an overwhelm of creative energy. I feel flustered trying to catch up with all my inspiration and ideas as they’re happening. However, when I feel this way, I find it helpful to make a detailed note. I then conduct some research to see how others have approached the topic.
Where would you spend all your time if you could?
I often find myself daydreaming about drawing, working on my book, really anything creative that’s inspiring me at the moment.
This is a selfish question: what causes you to read my writing?
Your writing style has a way of gently pulling the audience into what their reading.
And anyone else that would like to participate, thank you and have fun!
Here are my questions:
1. During a vacation abroad you meet a mermaid. She promises you the adventure of your dreams. What is the adventure you go on? What is it about this adventure that sets your soul on fire and makes your heart sing?
2. Dive deep for the treasure that you seek. List 10 treasures that bring joy into your life.
3. Mermaids/Mermen don’t lose sleep over the opinions of shrimp, list 10 “shrimp opinions” that kill your positive mermaid vibes?
4. Sprinkle a little fairy dust to help you find your magic within. Look inside yourself and list three things that make you shine.
5. Magic is all around you, you just need to believe. What are three things that help you find your strength and believe in yourself?
6. What’s your inspiration playlist (movies, songs, podcasts) and how do they inspire you?
7. What’s an important life lesson you learned from a fairy tale?
8. What’s your favorite fairy tale and why?
9. If you had to choose a fairy tale character to represent you, who would it be and why?
10. You’re a fairy dancing in the moonlight, what song are you dancing too and why?
11. Now a little something to help me gain insight into my readers, what is it about my blog that you enjoy and connect with the most?