Last week in Transformation & New Beginnings, I talked about spring being a time of year for personal growth. Recently, I had my perspective of myself and my place in the world around me shaken up and challenged. My first response was emotional and for a few days, my brain couldn’t seem to let it go. A good friend of mine asked me, “What advice would you give on your blog in this situation?”
Well, I’ve had time to ponder this question for almost a week, and I hold firm to the belief that self-awareness and self-love are the first steps to facing our life struggles. My general mindset is a belief in the importance in having a strong sense of self-awareness. I believe your sense of self-awareness has a direct effect on your interactions with the world around you. If you have a strong sense of self-awareness it’ll help you navigate your place in the world more successfully, especially when your struggling.
- Take time to recharge your batteries. Personally, for me this generally starts with allowing myself to have a good cry and talking it out with a friend or family member.
- Awaken your soul. The conversations I had with my friend helped me see things from a different perspective providing me with an opportunity for personal growth and new beginnings.
- Nourish your mind, body, and spirit. After talking with my friend, I realized there were some things I needed to work on changing about myself if I want to utilize this opportunity for personal growth. I realized I needed to do some self-reflection.
- Spend time doing something that brings you joy. I spent some time drawing and writing in my journal.
- Feed your mind, body, and spirit through self-love and compassion. I showed myself some compassion and asked myself what I needed to do to help me move forward in a way that feels authentic to me and my needs.
- Organize your daily schedule to make time to meet your personal needs. I don’t usually journal in the evening. I usually spend time working on writing my book and drawing. However, my intuition told me I needed to spend time reflecting on how I can grow in a way that is still true to me.
- Restructure your day to create a mindful morning and evening routine. I changed my normal evening routine to allow extra time for meditation, journaling, and yoga to help me end my day on a positive note and take care of myself.
- Meditate, close your eyes, focusing on your breath to bring your awareness to the present, open your heart, and listen to your inner voice. After journaling, I spent time meditating to help me listen to my heart and inner voice.
- Tune in to your inner voice and let it guide you with the intention to create and express yourself freely. I listened to my inner voice to help guide me in making decisions that felt true to me, but that would also allow growth.
- Open your mind to new opportunities and step outside your comfort zone. I decided to accept this new perspective as an opportunity for growth, even though it means stepping outside my comfort zone.
- Never give up on yourself or your dreams. I accepted the challenge because it will help me grow stronger and more confident in myself and my abilities. Being more confident will help me reach my dreams.
Yes, we all struggle, and we all have a bad day sometimes. However, how we choose to handle our struggles and life challenges is the important part. Our mindset has a direct impact on how we perceive our experiences, interactions, ourselves, and others. It’s difficult when our perspectives of ourselves and the world around us are shaken, not to shift our positive mindset. I think self-reflection in these situations is important to help you understand how your mind, body, and spirit are affected by this challenge and why. Sometimes, it’s a matter of changing our perception to help us maintain our mindset.