I’ve been thinking a lot about the 7 Chakras recently, especially the third eye.
The third eye (6th chakra aka Ajna)
Third Eye at a Glance:
- Where it is: middle of the forehead (6th chakra)
- Chakra Color: indigo
- What it influences: inspiration, imagination, self-reflection, and intelligence, mindfulness
- When it’s out of Balance: you may experience headaches, difficulty sleeping, nightmares, lack of focus
- Foods for Balance:
- Dark Chocolate/Cocoa: to increase magnesium to help with blood flow to the brain, promote relaxation, stress relief, and mental clarity
- Purple Foods: grapes, eggplant, purple kale, sweet potatoes, blueberries, black berries, figs, beetroot, star apple, purple potatoes, purple cauliflower, purple cabbage, purple carrots, acai berries, purple corn, lavender, passion fruit, plums, elderberries, raisins, prunes, black currants
- Omega Rich Foods: (vegan/vegetarian) walnuts, flax seed, chia seed, hemp seed, mustard oil, seaweed, winter squash, leafy greens, cabbages (cauliflower, brussels sprouts, broccoli) berries, wild rice, oregano, tarragon, mango, honey dew melon
- Yoga Poses for Balance: child’s pose
One of my favorite yoga instructors for yogatx on youtube is Jen Hilman. She’s got a great 7 Day Chakra videos set on youtube.